History and background
The foundations of the current business were laid in the UK
during the 1980's and 1990's with the development of the successful
Riverside Racquet Centre and Espree Executive Health Club
chains. Later supplemented with the operation of the famous
Chelsea Harbour Club, the founders of Aspria, Peter Beckwith OBE
(Chairman) and Brian Morris (CEO), have drawn on their success in
the UK in order to develop the pre-eminent group of premium clubs,
spas, hotels and day spas in Europe.
- June 2001 - opening of the first Aspria Club in the European Quarter of Brussels.
- Sept / Oct 2002 - Official launch of Aspria in Germany, celebrating the openings of Aspria Clubs in Hamburg and Berlin.
- Jan 2005 - Aspria opens in Avenue Louise, Brussels and later in the same year heralds the spectacular opening of Royal La Rasante, Brussels.
- April 2005 - Royal La Rasante opens
- April 2009 - opening of Aspria in Hannover with 20 rooms for guests to stay overnight and the Group's first full day spa.
- October 2009 - The Aspria Hotel opens its doors to guests in Berlin with 42 rooms and fabulous extended day spa.
- December 2009 - to conclude a busy year Aspria acquires the Harbour Club Milano